What legal basis do we rely on
- Consent - In specific situations, we may collect and process your personal data with your consent, (e.g. if you sign up to receive Charles Hatchett news alerts).
- Legal compliance - If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
When we collect your personal data
We may collect your data, verbally or electronically, when you:
- Visit the Charles Hatchett website.
- Contact us by any means with queries, information etc.
- Book any kind of appointment with us (e.g. meeting) or book to attend an event (e.g. workshop, webinar, information days, seminars, conferences etc.).
- Fill in any forms (e.g. at our events).
- Give a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and company / organisation name.
- Contact information, including address, telephone number and email address.
- Enquiry details.
- Correspondence (e.g. emails, letters).
- Website cookies and technical information.
To whom your information is disclosed
Data provided may be shared with and processed by the Award Sponsor (CBMM), the Award Administrators (Beta Technology), and IOM3. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How and why we use your personal data
The data you provide will be available and used by Beta:
- To fulfil our services and improve our services/website.
- Maintain internal records, including those required by law.
You have the right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you.
- Correct your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Restrict our processing of your data.
- Withdraw consent you have given us to use your data. A withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or wish to correct, restrict processing or withdraw consent please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Beta shall process and store all personal information you submit to us in accordance with applicable law, and in particular, shall ensure it has appropriate security measures in place to guard against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide, and shall keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Links to other websites do not constitute any endorsement by Beta (or CBMM) of the information or products presented on that website.
Like most websites, our server gathers limited information about you during a session, including the IP address and domain name from which you are accessing the server and your browser configuration. This information is only used to help us improve the content, design and performance of the site, and is not linked to the identity of any individual user.
In no circumstances do we collect any data that is not directly related to the use of the website (for example, we do not record other sites that you have visited). The log files or any information they contain about your use of the site will not be made available to any third parties other than as anonymous usage statistics.